A BIG Milestone: Sweetest Sound in the World

EDIT: Was supposed to post awhile back. Oh well, it's an exciting post so you just get it late!

We are now 9.5 weeks pregnant with our second! Let me tell you... When 9 weeks hit, it hit HARD. I was already battling some pretty intense morning sickness and fatigue. A couple days before I turned 9 weeks, the nausea started getting pretty worse. Then, the headaches came on. I've had a headache for four days straight now. Not to mention, the fatigue is ridiculous. I'm ready to fall asleep by 7:00PM and have a hard time making it through work without falling asleep now. This pregnancy is just so different than my son's. I never really had a lot of nausea with Reilly. I definitely had migraines almost daily. That was really it though.

This week marked an exciting milestone for us! We used our at-home doppler on Tuesday and after only five minutes of searching we found the heartbeat! It was beating a glorious 184bpm! After suffering through two losses last year, this was a HUGE moment for us. It made it a little more real even though this whole experience is still completely surreal. It's still hard to believe we are pregnant and nearing the second trimester! I'm excited to feel "normal" again. I'd love an increase in energy and to have less nausea throughout the day. It's hard to function when that happens. 



I've been trying to work out as well but with how terrible I started feeling at the 9 week mark, that definitely has fallen off. I'm trying to take it easy because I know in the next couple of weeks I'll hopefully start feeling more human again and can pick it back up then.  I'm already in maternity clothes because I'm actually showing already! I'm sure some of it is bloat but I have a bump already and that's just really exciting! It's a good thing work knows already because this is extremely difficult to hide. 



Next week marks my first appointment with my new OB at a new facility. My new OB actually delivered my son so I know she's a great doctor. She was exactly who I needed when I was in labor. Tomorrow I'm going to call and try and schedule our 12 week ultrasound! That only a little over two weeks away! What's strange is this pregnancy seems to be flying but I also feel like it's taking forever. We've known we are pregnant for over 6 weeks now! It seems like so long ago when we first saw those two pink lines. Overall, this pregnancy is going great so far. I'll take the nausea, fatigue, and headaches if that means our little baby is growing and is healthy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 31 Update!

11 Weeks!

Feeling Good!