11 Weeks!

Today marks 11 weeks for this little one! My morning sickness has lightened up but the fatigue has definitely increased. I've been asleep by 8:40PM two out of the last three nights. So much for being hoppin' 20-something year olds. We've heard our baby's heartbeat again and it's steady in the 176 range. That sound never gets old, let me tell you. The bump is definitely getting hard to hide and to be honest, I haven't been hiding it at all. The only days I tend to hide it are when I have big meetings with higher ups and all of our market. Ironically, I had one of those Tuesday and I have two of those this week. *eye roll*  Those days I wear more loose clothes. Here's a picture of me yesterday at 10w6d. It's just hard to muster up the energy to take pictures on a Monday, let alone any other day right now. 😏



I had my first OB appointment this past Wednesday. Everything went well! I did just find out today that I have a UTI but that should get solved pretty quickly with some safe antibiotics. Just waiting on the doctor to order that prescription for me. I'm really excited about my new doctor's office. It's not too far from work or home, really close to Reilly's preschool, and has my favorite Nurse Practitioner. She's just great and very knowledgeable. Not to mention, she has great bedside manner. We actually discussed doing an NT scan around 12 weeks but there were no appointments which I found shocking. So, at my appointment, my nurse brought up genetic testing. She said it would only cost me $100 out of pocket and that's cheaper than the NT scan would have been so we went for it! I had the blood work drawn that day and we should have the results back in 7-10 days! So, that means probably this week! I'm anxious to find out the results to make sure everything is okay with baby. That's the main reason I'm doing it. A perk of these tests is that you do get to find out the gender early! Surprisingly enough, that makes me very anxious! I was perfectly content with waiting until April 21st to find out. I don't know if I'm nervous about the outcome of the gender because of the chance that I may not have a girl or what. I'm honestly perfectly happy to have either gender, don't get me wrong. My number one priority, especially with our past, is a healthy baby that makes it to the end. I don't know if I want to do this again. When you go through multiple miscarriages with no explanation it makes you really hesitant to embark on this journey again. I remember during our last miscarriage I honestly didn't know if I could do this again... Luckily, we got pregnant the first full cycle after the miscarriage ended but there's always that fear that we may not ever meet this baby. It's a fear I've been pretty good about keeping out of sight and mind but sometimes it does creep back in.

We are doing our announcement picture this weekend. It seems crazy that it's time to announce already. It just doesn't feel like we've been pregnant that long, yet it seems like we've been pregnant forever! We are going to take the coolest picture though. I'm really excited about it. I have a Disney quote, a really colorful background (to represent our Rainbow Baby), and outfits all picked out.

Knowing we only have two weeks left until the second trimester is pretty darn awesome. Baby will be growing in size very rapidly these next couple of weeks. Baby is the size of a lime this week! I'll share our announcement picture here soon! We will be keeping the gender pretty close lipped until the end of April as that's when we were planning to announce it and I plan to keep it that way. How can I pass up a Disney gender announcement?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 31 Update!

Feeling Good!