Hello again! It's been awhile since I've posted. Life has just been so crazy busy since I last updated! I'm almost 28 weeks now and getting ready to head into the third and final trimester!



First things first, we announced that we are having a...


We are so excited! Reilly was really tired during that picture but it's kind of funny if you think about it. We are keeping her name under wraps on social media right now  (because we're so famous, haha) but we've had it picked out since the moment we found out we were having a girl! Girl stuff is a little overwhelming, I'm not going to lie. I remember finding out we were pregnant with Reilly and I was terrified of having a boy. Boy stuff was so easy though and it's amazing how excited I get when I see cute boy stuff. Now, whenever I see girl stuff I get anxious and overwhelmed. I did find her an adorable Rainbow Baby outfit that I'm hoping she'll be big enough to come home in.


Her nursery is almost complete which is good because I want everything done by August. The reason for this is we found out I have ICP (intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy) again. I was diagnosed extremely early this time around by 17 weeks. I also found out that I have a rare placenta complication called Circumvallete Placenta. It's extremely rare affecting only 1-2% of all pregnancies and risks growth restriction as well as placental abruption. So, I've been having monthly growth scans to make sure she's measuring okay. So far she's doing great because she's measuring a week and a day ahead! I also failed my one hour gestational diabetes test by 10 points last week. It's a bummer but I've already started the diet to be on the safe side and I've already lost 4 pounds! I'm still eating plenty just much healthier and obviously a lot less carbs. I've been walking after every meal at least 10-15 minutes and have been getting at least one other bigger workout in a day.

I start my 4X weekly appointments next week since I'll be 28 weeks in a few days. We'll be kept plenty busy from now until she arrives. My goal is September 7th (my uncle's birthday) and that is just two months from today! It's so crazy to think about! We are starting our BPPs (biophysical profiles), which are ultrasounds that make sure she's functioning correctly. They'll measure the fluid around her as well as make sure she's practicing her breathing. We also will do twice weekly NST's (non-stress tests). They measure for periods of activity and monitor contractions.

Before I go, I'll leave you with a picture of her profile from a month ago (she was being too shy at her growth scan this past Monday) as well as her nursery!



Her nursery is Tangled themed and I give Devan probably 95% of the credit for how awesome it turned out. My husband is seriously talented and has such a creative eye! I think he had a lot of fun designing this girly nursery. :) We still have some work to do but it's definitely coming along!


Anyway, I should probably attempt to get some work done. I'll update probably in a couple of weeks after our 3D/4D ultrasound! Cannot wait to see what her precious little face looks like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 31 Update!

11 Weeks!

Feeling Good!